Saturday, November 2, 2013

Wheatgrass smoothie


So I tried that wheatgrass in a drink and whipped it to million pieces. Thermomix worked it's magic and I'd say it tasted really good. Actually my kids would say that it tasted really good as I didn't get much of a taste before it was all gone.

I used our trusted ingredients that we usually use to make our green smoothies; spinach, pineapple, banana, ice and water and I just added one bunch of wheatgrass hair from our pot friends.

The recipe goes like this:

hand full of spinach
1 banana
2-3 slices of pineapple
some wheatgrass
hand full of ice
a glass of water

I chopped the spinach and wheatgrass first just to see how the thermomix would chop the wheatgrass, but if you make this with or without the wheatgrass you can totally put all the ingredients in the bowl at once and mix it for 5sec/speed 9.


The pictures don't make justice as it was early morning and I just took all the pictures with my phone, but I think you can still get the idea. Happy kids and yummo drink! They both drank one glass each. There was a  little bit left in the bowl so I thought to try what this mixture would taste like with frozen berries in it.



And that is how our day started. By the time daddy-o woke up the smoothie was just a happy memory in our full bellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment