Friday, October 18, 2013

Easy necklace craft with kids


Repost from my old blog. And a new note to go with it. This activity is so so great! My 3 year old didn't have the patience to do any more that those few beads, but when we did this activity at her artsy birthday party, all the 4 year olds were able to fill the whole elastic with beads. And if you make one with your child, please please send me a picture or a link to your blog (if you've posted it there).

Couple of weeks ago I ordered some wooden beads online and I had actually forgotten that I even ordered them, until the mail came today. Emma went nuts over them. She was telling me all the colours and was pleading me to make a necklace for her. Well ok daughter, I thought, but you can do it yourself.

What a super awesome activity to do with your child! It builds their fine motor skills like no other and you can teach them counting and colours at the same time. So get some wooden beads and some thin round elastic and get creating necklaces.


She didn't have the energy to do a whole necklace full of beads, but I think it actually looks more hip and fresh when there's only few there, and I made the knot at the back so that if she ever wants to continue she can. She put hers on very proudly and then she asked me where mine was. Oh I didn't even think to make one for myself as I was in awe staring at her and amazed of how wonderfully she was doing her own necklace.

Guess what she did next, after she had just told me that she was tired of making hers and that it was finished. Yes she started to make me one. I told her the colours I wanted on mine and she kept picking them and putting them on the elastic. Thank you baby girl for making me a lovely autumn colour necklace.


Now we can match all winter long. Aren't they cool!







No comments:

Post a Comment